Becky, The Crafting Chicks
Add joy to the world with lights! Try a new way of hanging up your holiday lights with Command™ Outdoor Light Clips! This project spells out the word “Joy” with a string of LED lights. You can write out any holiday message and adhere it on a variety of outdoor surfaces.
– Command™ Outdoor Light Clips – this project uses 36
– Vinyl fence or large smooth exterior surface with nearby power source
– Writing instrument – this project uses dry – erase crayons
– Measuring tape
– String of LED lights
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Clean the fence surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol, wipe gently and let dry. Use the dry-erase crayon to draw an outline of what you want to spell out – this project features “Joy”.
NOTE: Use measuring tape to ensure that the letters are the same size and evenly spaced.
2. To attach the Command™ Outdoor Light Clips, remove the blue liner and press the adhesive strip firmly to the back of the clip. Then, remove the black “wall side” liner and press the clip to window.
Press firmly along the entire clip for 30 seconds and wait one hour before use.
Repeat step to adhere the remaining light clips following the outline.
NOTE: For best results, plan to use one clip every six inches, adding clips where lights need to be particularly secure, like around curves.
3. Beginning at the top of the first letter, insert the LED lights into each clip, following the outline.
4. When the word is complete, plug the string of lights into a power source to preview how it turned out and make adjustments to the letters or positioning of the clips as necessary.