Take advantage of the vertical hanging space on the back of your bedroom door to hang up items and clothing. Use damage-free Command™ Slate Spring Clips to hang up and help organize your frequently used items such as a cell phone charger, sunglasses, and a lint roller. Additionally, use removable Command™ Slate Terrace Hooks and Double Hooks to hang up an outfit for the next day. All Command™ Products hold strongly and remove cleanly, leaving behind no marks, holes or sticky residue.
– Command™ Slate Spring Clips– this project uses three
– Command™ Slate Terrace Hooks– this project uses two
– Command™ Slate Double Hook– this project uses one
– Items to organize – this project organizes a phone charger, sunglasses, light jackets,
a travel-size miniature lint roller and more
– Isopropyl Alcohol
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Choose the desired area of the bedroom that is easily accessible in the morning. This project used the back of the bedroom door. Prep the desired area by cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
2. Gather your supplies and the items you wish to organize for school the next day. This project organizes a phone charger, lint roller, sunglasses, lightweight jackets and pants.
NOTE: Be sure to refer to Command Brand package instructions and use the appropriate product based on the weight of the items you will organize.
3. To organize smaller items, start by removing the Command™ Slate Spring Clipsand adhesive strips from the packaging and separate the adhesive strips from each other. Then, remove the black “wall side” liner from the adhesive strip and apply the strip to the desired location, pressing firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds.
4. Remove the blue liner from the adhesive strip and apply the clip to the strip, pressing firmly along the entire clip for 30 seconds. Wait one hour before hanging items such as sunglasses, phone chargers and other lightweight from the clips.
Repeat steps 3-4 to adhere each Command™ Slate Spring Clipto the desired location.
5. To organize larger items weighing up to 3 pounds, first remove the Command™ Slate Double Hookand adhesive strips from the packaging, and separate the adhesive strips from each other. Remove the red liner from the adhesive strip and press the strip onto the hook.
6. Remove the black liner from the adhesive strip, and press the hook firmly onto the desired location for 10 seconds. Slide the hook off of the base, and press firmly against the base for 30 seconds. Then, slide the hook back onto the base and wait one hour before hanging items such as belts, pants and lightweight jackets from the hook.
Repeat steps 5-6 to adhere the Command™ Slate Terrace Hooksto the desired location for additional storage.
7. Prepare for each day by swapping out the items hung from the spring clips and hooks to organize outfits and other items for school the next day.