Back-to-School means back to piles of papers, deadlines, and many important things to remember! Organize it all with ease by creating a Back-to-School Drop Zone! With a few simple supplies and Command™ Brand Products, you and your kids will be able to manage all of their school projects and activities efficiently!
– Command™ Utensil Hooks – this project uses one
– Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips – this project uses two
– Command™ Clear Medium Caddies – this project uses two
– Command™ Quartz Spring Clip – this project uses four
– Isopropyl alcohol
– Colorful note pads and pen/pencil
– Lunch Money
– Additional grab-and-go items for school – this project used a standing basket under
the drop zone to hold snacks and fruit to-go
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. To organize grab-and-go school items in your home, first choose the desired location to create the drop zone. This project uses a blank wall space near the kitchen. Prep the surface by cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, wipe gently and let dry.
Gather the items you wish to organize and plan your layout by arranging the items on the floor or on a nearby table.
2. Remove the Command™ Utensil Hooks and adhesive strips from the packaging and separate the strips from each other.
Remove the black “wall side” liner from the adhesive strip and apply the adhesive strip to the desired surface, pressing firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds. Then, remove the blue liner and apply the utensil hook to the adhesive strip, pressing firmly along the entire strip for 30 seconds. Wait one hour before hanging the calendar from the hook.
3. Remove the Command™ Medium Picture Hanging Strips from the packaging and separate each strip. To form a set, connect two strips together until you hear a click.
Remove one green liner and position one set of strips on the back of the frame. Press the strip firmly against the back of the frame. Repeat with the remaining strips needed to hang the frame, depending on the weight.
NOTE: This project uses two sets of strips.
Remove the remaining green liners from the strips adhered to the back of the frame. Position the frame on the wall, and press the front of the frame against the wall for 30 seconds.
Remove the frame by grabbing at the bottom corners and pulling up and out towards you. Press firmly along all three areas of the strip for 30 seconds and wait one hour before remounting the frame on the wall.
4. Remove the Command™ Clear Medium Caddy and adhesive strips from the packaging, and separate the adhesive strips from each other.
Peel the blue liner off one of the strips, and press the adhesive on the back of the caddy, ensuring the tab is accessible for future removal. Repeat to place the second adhesive strip on the back of the caddy.
NOTE: Before adhering the caddy to the wall, ensure there is at least 15 inches of space below the caddy to stretch the tabs for proper removal.
5. Press the caddy to the desired location on the wall by first removing the black liners, and reaching inside of the caddy to press it firmly against the wall. Be sure to press along the entire length of each strip for 30 seconds. Wait one hour before placing reminder notes, pens and other grab-and-go school items in the caddy.
7. Adhere two Command™ Quartz Spring Clips on the drop zone wall under the calendar and two spring clips near the Command™ Clear Medium Caddies. Wait one hour before using the spring clips to hold notepads, notes and lunch money.
9. To organize additional grab-and-go school items, place a standing basket near the drop zone and place items such as snacks and fruit for breakfasts on the go.